Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Howdy"

I'm excited to be participating in my first card challenge. The challenge, "Fancy Folds", was to create a card that was something other than just a plain rectangle or square using a Karen's Doodles digital stamp. The stamp I chose is called "Rootin' Tootin' Cowboy". If you love digital stamps, go check out her blog, Karen's Doodles. I love every single one of her stamps. I can guarantee you won't be able to leave without purchasing at least one. The card style I chose is called "Joy Fold". A tutorial can be found over at Splitcoast Stampers.



I am pleased with the finished result, however, it is completely different from my original plan. After I finished coloring the lil' cowboy I stepped away from the table only to return and find my finished image in the hands of my 3 year old daughter, Lauren, who was also holding my paper cutter. And yes, she had already used it! Luckily, I was able still able to use the lil' guy, by cutting him out completely. Whew!


Above: Close-up of image and his sparkly new badge


Above: A view from the top


Above: Inside view


Supplies used:

Karen's Doodles Digital Stamps
DCWV All About Boys Stack
Stickles Gold
Prismacolor Pencils
Brads

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look! Please feel free to post a comment.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! Such a great job! Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally awesome. Geat selection of papers and terrific the composition. Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles this week.
    Hugs
    Zoe xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic colouring you have done and I love your fancy fold.
    Thanks for joining in at Karen's Doodles and good luck. Hope to see you again.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Stacey! I love it, great papers, fab coloring, fun fold! Thanks for playing along with us at Karen's Doodles! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete